Spinal surgery focuses on the restoration and preservation of the spine structure and functions by treating all injuries and ailments via complex operative modalities. Unlike minimally invasive and non-surgical modalities, spinal surgery necessitates hospitalization as surgeons tend to operate on the injured area by cutting an opening in the body. Depending on the surgical procedure, the physician will cut, modify, or remove tissue and bone, thereby repairing the damaged area of the spine. However, Healthpointe always regards spinal surgery as a last-resort option.
Nevertheless, there are many reasons for patients to consider spinal surgery. In most cases, the neck and back pain can be easily treated with the utilization of non-surgical treatments, such as medications, physical therapy and injections, which overall leaves spinal surgery to be deemed unnecessary. However, if conventional, minimally invasive and non-surgical methods have failed to provide patients with significant and permanent relief, then spinal surgery will be considered.
The following list highlights some spinal symptoms that may necessitate surgery, especially if such conditions are persistent, painful or causing nerve compression:
1. Chronic neck/back Pain
2. Scoliosis & Neck and Spinal Vascular Deformities
3. Cervical and Lumbar Spinal Stenosis & Arthritis
4. Cervical and Lumbar Kyphosis
5. Cervical, Thoracic or Lumbar Spondylolisthesis
6. Adult Compression Spinal Trauma & Fracture
7. Tumors of the Spinal Column
8. Degenerative Disc Disease in the Spinal Column
Healthpointe’s renowned and experienced surgeons have operated on countless patients with gratifying results, and they continue to do so till this day. Our family of doctors, physicians and surgeons work as a team to provide the best treatment that a healthcare industry has to offer and are trained in treating all forms of spinal symptoms that necessitate surgery. Of course, Healthpointe understands the severity and risks behind surgery, which is why we will always attempt to treat patients via non-surgical and minimally invasive methods first before considering complex operative modalities. That’s not to say that spinal surgery should be avoided.
There are countless benefits from undergoing spinal surgery:
- Happiness and Stress-Free Lifestyle
- Pain Relief
- Return to Work
- Increased Activity of Work and Daily Living
- Diminish The Need for Pain Medications and Dependency
HEALTHPOINTE’s family is also capable of administering countless surgical treatments to assist patients with any form of spinal injury and ailment. Along with the finest medical equipment, our certified surgeons are fully prepared to operate and treat a vast assortment of spinal conditions.
Surgical treatments that we offer:
- ACDF: Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion
- Anterior and Posterior Lumbar Fusion Surgery
- Anterior Approach to Spine Surgery
- Anterior Cervical Corpectomy Spine Surgery
- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Spinal Implants and Bone Grafts
- Artificial Disc Replacement for the Cervical, Thoracic & Lumbar Spine
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Facet Replacement or Total Element Replacement Devices for Spinal Stenosis
- Foraminotomy Surgery
- IDET: A New Procedure for Discogenic Back Pain Management
- Kyphoplasty Surgery
- Lumbar Laminectomy
- Lumbar Decompression Back Surgery
- Lumbar Spine Fusion Surgery
- Microdiscectomy (Micro-decompression) Spine Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Anterior Approach Spine Surgery
- Posterior Cervical Decompression (Microdiscectomy) Surgery
- Posterior Cervical Laminectomy
- Posterior Dynamic Stabilization Systems
- Posterolateral Gutter Spine Fusion Surgery
- Spinal Fusion
- Surgery for a Degenerated Disc
- X-STOP Surgery for Spinal Stenosis
Before you agree to undergo a spinal surgery, be sure to discuss all risks and benefits with your surgeon or physician. Additionally, consider getting a second opinion from another spine specialist. Indeed, spinal conditions can be a complex matter, so be sure to receive as much information as you can.
Healthpointe’s goal is to diagnose all problems and conditions and help optimize your recovery in a safe and timely manner. Combined with our top-of-the-line medical equipment and unrivaled quality service, Healthpointe is proud to provide patients with the finest medical treatment around.